The gorgeous Erin, in anticipation of our arrival, has sent a list of essential requirements for us to transport to her including:
- 65 small (!) koalas complete with boomerang and lifesavers cap ( and dare I say it made in CHINA!)
- 2 Australian cookbooks for the teachers she has worked with (what exactly is Australian cuisine anyway? Who knew that Masterchef would result in a plethora of cookbooks!).
- her reading glasses ( obviously not a lot of reading going on for the last 6 months)
- a tube of vegemite ( for one of the hostel kitchen staff who loves it)
- Jigsaw puzzles for the kids (they don't have them in South Africa???)
- books for the kids (ditto)
- connecter pens for the kids (ditto)
- ipod headphones (ditto)............
Your impatient correspondent,