Sunday 5 June 2011

Two weeks to go

Why is it that the closer you get to departing the slower the time goes?!

The gorgeous Erin, in anticipation of our arrival, has sent a list of essential requirements for us to transport to her including:
  • 65 small (!) koalas complete with boomerang and lifesavers cap ( and dare I say it made in CHINA!)
  • 2 Australian cookbooks for the teachers she has worked with (what exactly is Australian cuisine anyway? Who knew that Masterchef would result in a plethora of cookbooks!).
  • her reading glasses ( obviously not a lot of reading going on for the last 6 months)
  • a tube of vegemite ( for one of the hostel kitchen staff who loves it)
  • Jigsaw puzzles for the kids (they don't have them in South Africa???)
  • books for the kids (ditto)
  • connecter pens for the kids (ditto)
  • ipod headphones (ditto)............
So by my calculations, once I have packed all of these essential items I will only have space for my toothbrush, 1 T-shirt and a pair of shorts: the rest of my clothes I will have to wear onto the plane I think!

Your impatient correspondent,

Dianne

No comments:

Post a Comment